Gareth Southgate To Stay On As England Manager Until 2024 (1 Viewer)

CuteJean

Legend
Local time
Today 11:57 PM
Credits
Germany
images

According to reports, Gareth Southgate will honour his England contract and remain in charge of the Three Lions until 2024, according to a report.

The 52-year-old's future with the national team has been shrouded in uncertainty since England's World Cup 2022 quarter-final exit at the hands of holders France.

Southgate is under contract with England until the end of 2024, but he admitted before the World Cup that his contract would not protect him from the sack should the Three Lions under-perform.

Following England's elimination, Southgate admitted that he would need some time to reflect on his World Cup and would not be rushed into a quick decision, telling reporters: "I've found large parts of the last 18 months difficult.

"For everything that I've loved about the last few weeks, I still have ... how things have been for 18 months. What's been said and what's been written. The night at Wolves. There's lots of things in my head that's really conflicted at the moment.

Gareth Southgate 'to stay on as England manager until 2024'

"What I want to make sure, if it's the right thing to stay, is that I've definitely got the energy to do that. I don't want to be four or five months down the line thinking: 'I've made the wrong call.' It's too important for everybody to get that wrong."

The FA are believed to have complete faith in Southgate's work with a young England team, and Sky Sports News now claims that the former Middlesbrough coach will remain in his position for another two years.

The report adds that Southgate has pencilled in Euro 2024 as his final tournament in charge of England and will inform the FA of his decision before Christmas.

Southgate is understood to have engaged in crucial discussions with his family over the role, and he has been left "convinced" that he should remain in control of the reins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
    Back